SAOS – First release of Residence Permit

Prenota un appuntamento in Ufficio

If you have been admitted to a Degree Programmes offered by the University of Padua and you are a Non-EU student residing outside of Italy, you will need a study VISA to enter Italy and begin your studies at our University.

For more information on how to request a study VISA, visit our FAQ for international students.

After obtaining the VISA and entering Italy, you will need to request a Residence Permit.

To request a Residence Permit you will need to collect a dedicated “kit” which is available at Post Offices (Ufficio Postale).

You will then need to fill in the documents contained in the kit and hand the kit over to a Post Office.

More information on this procedure is available at the SAOS webiste.

The SAOS desk organises online group meetings every Thursday at 12:00 pm (noon) CET. During these webinars students will receive instructions on how to correctly fill in the documents to request the Residence Permit.

Please register at the following link:

IMPORTANT: This service is reserved for Degree Seekers.
Only students who have arrived in Padua and have collected the kit at the Postal Office can take part in these meetings.